Wednesday 30 January 2008

Cup Cosy


I thought I would use the occasion of completing this cup cosy to learn how to post photos and maybe a web link. I made this for a friend at work's daughter and it turned out quite well. It's in double knitting, washable acrylic (from Hayes) using a pattern from the web.

http://mkcarroll.typepad.com/mk_carroll/2007/07/mug-and-french-.html

I adapted the pattern so there was no knitted base as I thought the cup might be wobbly if it had a knitted bottom. Not doing the base meant I could knit the cozy flat rather that in the round.

The button is really sweet and came from Ginger Fig in Bath Place.

My Dad said it was 'ridiculous', that may be so but I like it anyway!

5 comments:

steenie320 said...

I love it Jacqui! I saw some of these patterns on the web and printed them out, but can't for the life of me remember where I saw them or indeed find them! I think its great! I will add the coffee ones I have done and hopefully Ness will add her's too so we can have a whole collection of cosies! Well done you - and a button from Ginger fig too! Am addicted to those buttons!!!

Val Grainger said...

Please bring this pattern along as I want to knit one!!

Great blog!

LinDragon said...

Fabulous,Jacq. When did you find the time to make it?!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Now I'm going to have to knit one. Did Daisy like it? xxx

Daisy said...

Thank You Jacqui!♥ It is SO lovely and SO beautifully and carefully made! THANK YOU! x x x :)

Lots of Love Daisy. x x