Tuesday 29 January 2008

hi close knitters!

Christina, I am not worthy! I don't know how you find the time to do everything you do, bake cupcakes and create a blog!
On the knitting front - I'm sorry I missed the last get together. I was itching to show you my newly finished (at last) stole. It's now so long it's practically unusable, but hey ho!
My grotty illness did have the small advantage of giving me lots of sofa time, so I have finally tackled a real pattern with funny stitches, decreasing, shaping and all. Rowan now has the back and half a front of a pullover, which she keeps getting me to measure up against her to see how much it's grown!
I'm feeling very excited because I went wrong, and managed to rescue myself with no outside help - a huge confidence boost just when I needed one! I shall be displaying my efforts so far at our next session.....

2 comments:

steenie320 said...

We are sorry you missed it too! It was good fun - lots of unhealthy eating...danish meatballs included! Might post the recipe sometime!:o) Can't wait to see your vest top -when you were talking about it I thought it was for you! tut! See you friday! x

LinDragon said...

Amber,I'mso proud of you!Is this the girl who worried about spending money on good yarn at Fibrefest?