Thursday 31 January 2008

Coffee pot covers

Well, what happened was.....

It was Christina's fault, she made Lisa a brilliant coffee pot cover for her birthday. It was just at the time when I was trying to work out how to knit using 4 needles so obviously all coffee pots in Taunton needed covers....

This is the first one made for Christina's birthday. It's a bit saggy and I think she regularly covers it in coffee as it's pouring.

So the design was refined and then they just kept coming! I love knitting with 4 needles! Since then I've knitted lots of pairs of pulse warmers (long fingerless gloves) using 4 needles. It's so much quicker and you don't have pesky seems to sew up. So here's pictures of a few of them (cue 'The Gallery' music). Thinking about 4 needles reminds me of a conversation and various drawings (?schematics!) by Christina to help me understand the concept of 4 needles!
Ok, I'll stop now! xxxxxx

1 comment:

steenie320 said...

I love my coffee cosy...xxx