Wednesday 30 January 2008

Home needed urgently...

OKAAAAY - so - since this is a blog for all things knitty, I thought I had better include the disaster that I have been busy knitting for the last week or should I say, the photo I have been working on for a 'spot the difference' book?

I believe my problem might have been 'lack of concentration' and I issue a severe warning: 'don't knit one sock in one place and another, in another'. As you can probably tell - one sock was knitted on the train to London a week ago, the other was knitted on a saturday night...which may have included some red wine...ahemm...in fact, my warning should probably read 'Not to be knitted under the influence'.

The funny thing is that I didn't realise the disaster until today, as I had not been matching both socks as I went along, so only discovered it when I looked at them both lovingly finished this morning! oh dear - I should just mention that they come from the BabyBliss Debbie Bliss book - and I hasten to add (for fear of being sued) they didn't look like this on the picture.

So - if anyone knows of any Pontipines in need of a new hat or hobbits with odd shaped toes who might benefit from these socks, then please do let me know, or they will end up on the 'wall of disasters - lessons to be learned', which is currently quite full, so any help in locating a home for them, very much appreciated! Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for wobbly feet, and they've got a story attached to them, even better (train... wine etc) xxx