Wednesday 16 April 2008

Tea Cosy!

I am so excited to say that my teapot cosy I've been working on is now finished! I started it at our last meeting, but frogged it all in order to make it better.

I decided awhile ago that it would be fun to create a tea cosy. Having never had a tea cosy, or a teapot, growing up, I wasn't quite sure what I would be creating. I looked on the internet, and a coworker even gave me a fantastic old knitting pattern for Gollywogs and tea cosys. But that still wasn't quite what a I wanted.

I set out and found a teapot for the cosy (though most people likely go about this the other way - cosying an existing teapot). I then spent some time sketching out what I wanted to make and actually did a gauge swatch to make sure it would work. I then knit it up. And it's fantastic! It looks like a corncob (or ear of corn as people say). Just as I wanted it to. And I adore it! :) When I get the camera working, I will go ahead and take a picture. :) Until then, anyone want to come over and share a pot of tea! :)

2 comments:

LinDragon said...

How fantastic!Looking forward to seeing it. :-}

Ness said...

Bring it round!!