Saturday 12 April 2008

Lazy-lay-about wraparound jacket not to be worn outside!

Morning all - a picture of my sheep - or what was a sheep - or at least a sheep's coat at some point! My lazy-lay-about cardigan' which I have finally finished! I did the front and back pretty quickly with some wool left I bought at the fibre fest - but although I thought there was enough, there wasn't! So - I waited for about 6 months and finally got some Rowan Big Wool for the arms...it is ever so slightly a diffferent colour and ever so slightly a lighter weight yarn, so I have been thinking about dyeing it another colour, so if anyone has any success stories in doing this, I would love to hear about them!
You may notice that I look rather tired and like I have been actually shearing the sheep myself - I hadn't - I had just cooked for about 3 hours and had eaten a huge meal with good friends...no change there, thank goodness!
Anyway - I hope you like it. It is almost too big to wear outside, so I am turning the heating off and sitting calmly and quietly, wearing it on the sofa, of an evening. This is fine, as long as I don't knit, as any form of exercise in it brings me out in a sweat. I must just mention that it came from a book that Pam has, which I can't remember the name of (I will find out) and was knitted in super chunky wool, with a pair of 10mm needles. It is called a Wraparound Jacket...but even the picture of it is a lady in her PJs on the sofa, wearing it. It should definitely come with a health warning, as it can't be worn if it rains, as this might result in being weighed down so heavily that one would get stuck in the mire. Should there be any mire near by...
I definitely recommend knitting one of these...I love big needles and as long as you have all the wool to hand and don't have to wait for ages to get it, then you can probably whip one of these up in a couple of days. Instant gratification knitting - perfect.

3 comments:

LinDragon said...

Well done, Stina, It looks wonderfull.Perfect cold weather wear!

-A said...

Looks great! Just in time for the chilly weather. :)

Ness said...

It's fantastic! You could also market it as clothing to wear when you're poorly. No need for a hot water bottle, just curl up in it! Well done!