Sunday 30 March 2008

Some people run marathons...


...other people knit snood/ cowl type things with 400 stitches in each row! I have finally completed this for Bella, a friend at work. It has been a bit of a labour of love. It is knit in 100% angora (which I bought from Coldharbour Mill) and is beautifully soft. I can't really call it my own 'pattern' - I just cast on 400 stitches onto a long circular needle, joined into a round and worked 1x1 rib until it measured 13 inches, ending up with a giant loop. The idea is that she can loop it once around her neck and once round her head, or twice round her neck. Here's a photo of her modelling it!

5 comments:

steenie320 said...

Well done J it's gorgeous! Thanks for a lovely day! See you friday!

LinDragon said...

It's FABULOUS, Jacqui,even better than planned.

Ness said...

YIPPPPPEEEEEE!! Well done for finishing it. It looks fabulous!! B will love it!
xxx

-A said...

Sooooo lovely!!! :) GREAT work! :) Glad you finished! And I'm excited to see your fantastic lacey project on Friday :)

-A said...

I miss the pictures of you on the post. :( They were fantastic!