Sunday 29 March 2009

Knitting Help

Hi all! I am knitting a cable tank top and have run into a part of the pattern I don't understand. I'll bring it along next Friday to the knitting group, but was hoping to keep working on it through the week.

I just divided for the neck, but am unsure how to do the decreases for the next part. I don't understand the part where it says "dec 1 st at armhole edge of next 10 rows, then on foll 3 alt rows, then on foll 4th row and at same time dec 1 st at neck edge of 2nd and every foll alt row."

At this point I am on the RS of the knitting and have turned the work from the neck side towards the armhole side.

Does that mean I should dec 1 stitch on RS and WS of the armhole edge of the next 10 rows, then only on the alternate rows for the next 3 rows? I feel like that would make the armhole side decrease at a very sharp angle.

I read it to mean this:
Row 1 dec 1 st at armhole edge
Row 2 dec 1 st at armhole edge dec 1 st neck edge
Row 3 dec 1 st at armhole edge
Row 4 dec 1 st at armhole edge dec 1 st neck edge
Row 5 dec 1 st at armhole edge
Row 6 dec 1 st at armhole edge dec 1 st neck edge
Row 7 dec 1 st at armhole edge
Row 8 dec 1 st at armhole edge dec 1 st neck edge
Row 9 dec 1 st at armhole edge
Row 10 dec 1 st at armhole edge dec 1 st neck edge
Row 11
Row 12 dec 1 st at armhole edge dec 1 st neck edge
Row 13
Row 14 dec 1 st at armhole edge dec 1 st neck edge
Row 15
Row 16 dec 1 st at armhole edge dec 1 st neck edge
Row 17

Is that right??

Thanks for your help! :)

1 comment:

LinDragon said...

A_,that sounds as though you are doing it right.A Tank top would have a steep decrease at the arm-hole. What does it look like in the pattern? Give me a ring at home,if you wish.
x