Friday 12 September 2008

Well, It's been a pretty thin summer for the Blog. Many of us have had a 'gone off it' moment. And, of course everyone has been busy. So, a few things from me;

This morning I recieved a letter from Oxfam, re :the squares for maternal mortality. I will bring it to the next meeting, but you may like to know that Sarah Brown will be recieving the petition on WEDNESDAY 17 SEPTEMBER outside Downing Street, and adding her own square.
The 40m blanket will be displayed at LAWRENCE HALL, RHS HALLS, Greycoat St, London,
2 -5 pm the same day. We are invited to attend. The tone of the letter suggests that Oxfam are trying to get as many people as possible to the display.

Tutley Mutley, a fellow Raveller, has flagged up an event being staged by the Knitting group that she belongs to. The group is the Tea Shop Knitters, and the event is KTog 2. There will be stalls run by Yarn Shops, Workshops (which will be charged extra, but nominal) and TEA AND CAKE. Sounds wonderful. All this will take place in Bovey Tracey, on Sunday 19 October.
This is advance notice, and I will blog more details as I have them.

And I have finally finished Nicky's waistcoat. Yaaaaaay! Not as nicely 'finished' as I would have liked but, hey, we live and learn.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed my first time at the group in September. I saw the yarn harlot in London the next day and the whole experience was great: lots of stalls selling things and charitable grouops reminding us of the importance of knitting and community. Stephanie talked for more than an hour and kept our attention throughout. Maybe knitting improves concentration time? Some interesting research is about to start in this country on knitting/therapy.
See you next month

Ness said...

Ooh, like the sound of the Bovey Tracey thing!
Well done for finishing the waist coat!
xx

-A said...

Lin-
I tried to leave a comment on your blog, but it says 'only group members are allowed to reply'. :(

And your post explains why my emails to you keep bouncing! :) I wanted to know if you would like me to pick you up a copy of the Holiday Knits from Interweave. :) Just drop me a note on my blog and I'll be happy to grab that for you. :)